DO NOT WRAP CAKE TIGHT WITH FOIL OR CLING FILM AS ICING SHEETS CAN GET STUCK TO IT WHEN LEFT OVERNIGHT. EITHER PLACE IN CAKE BOX OR WRAP LOOSELY. DO NOT APPLY BAKING PARCHMENT OVER TOP AS THIS WILL STICK.
HOT/HUMIDWEATHER ADVICE FOR ICING SHEETS!!! (OR PROBLEMS REMOVING)
I love the hot weather but my icing sheets dont!!! The humidity and temperature can cause them to stick a little. If you struggle to remove from the backing using option 1 and option 2 from instructions and video we recommend using below method. The problem has occured as moisture will have got into the icing sheet probably from the atmosphere.
1. Turn your oven onto a temp of around 150 and let it get up to temperature.
2. Turn it off and allow to cool for around 30 minutes
3. With your oven still warm inside (but not hot) put the icing sheet(out of the pack) in the oven and close door and leave for around 40 seconds.
4. Take out warm icing sheet and leave on kitchen work top to cool and the icing sheet will then harden(approx a minute)
5.On hardening follow option 2 by holding top and bottom of backing sheet and rubbing backing off a sharp counter top and icing sheet will peel away.
6. Apply to cake We have found this to be a failsafe method when icing sheet has gotten warm and floppy.
APPLICATION TIPS FOR PRE CUT ICED CUPCAKES
OUR PRE CUT ICED CUPCAKE TOPPERS ARE EASY PEEL. THIS MEANS YOU SIMPLY PEEL LIKE A STICKER FROM THE PLASTIC BACKING SHEET AND PLACE ON CAKE OR TOPPING. DO NOT LEAVE THEM OUT OF THE BAG AS HUMIDITY WILL CAUSE THEM TO STICK TO BACKING SHEET. SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS HOLD TOP AND BOTTOM OF BACKING SHEET AND RUB BACKING SHEET VIGIROUSLY AGAINST A SHARP DESK EDGE SO CIRCLES PEEL AWAY FROM BACKING.
We would recommend if weather is warm or humid to either place on a flat swirl of buttercream or use a fondant disc under them to support them. This can be very easily made cutting a circle out of flat fondant icing waiting for it to dry out (couple of hours) then VERY lightly brush with water and place icing topper on top.
REMEMBER ALL IS EDIBLE!!!!!! YUM ENJOY!!!